The Middle/Secondary and K-12 Education programs prepare teachers to lead classrooms in middle and secondary schools in one of the seven subject areas:
- Biology Middle/Secondary Education, B.A.
- Chemistry Middle/Secondary Education, B.A.
- English Middle/Secondary Education, B.A.
- Mathematics Middle/Secondary Education, B.A.
- Music K-12 Education, B.A.
- Social Studies Secondary Education, B.A. and History B.A. (Double major)
- Spanish K-12 Education, B.A.
Students who complete the Middle/Secondary and K-12 Education Program have a firm foundation in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to promote student learning. An important component of the program is the opportunity for early and extended field experiences in local classrooms prior to the required student teaching experience.
All students planning to major in a content area and complete the Middle/Secondary and K-12 Education Program should have an faculty advisor in their content major. Graduates are eligible to apply for teacher licensure for grades 5-12. Music and Spanish education majors are eligible for licensure at grades K-12.