The Department of Undergraduate Nursing's Post-Baccalaureate Nursing Track is an accelerated second degree program for college graduates with a baccalaureate degree in non-nursing majors. This is a cohort model delivered in a hybrid format, with online classes and in- person lab and clinical. Students are admitted to either the Duluth or St. Cloud campus, which determines the location of lab and clincical in- person days.
Clinical rotations each semester include acute and ambulatory care sites in the Duluth, St. Cloud, Twin Cities and surrounding areas. The Director of Educational Experiences works with students in an effort to obtain clinical sites within a reasonable distance. However, in some instances, students may need to travel to a clinical site. Students are responsible for all expenses incurred (i.e. mileage, lodging, etc.).
Students take 41 credits in the nursing major and a 4 credit Theology and Religious Studies course to earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing in 3 consecutive semesters (12 months). Upon completion of program requirements students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination to practice as a registered nurse, register as a public health nurse, and pursue graduate study in nursing.
Upon completion of the Post-baccalaureate Nursing degree, graduate will:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, the arts and sciences, and the Benedictine values in the holistic practice of professional nursing.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with professional nursing standards.
- Demonstrate competence in utilizing patient care technologies and information system technologies in dynamic healthcare environments.
- Integrate effective inter-professional collaboration into practice to enhance the health of all patients, including diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Utilize knowledge of healthcare policy and evidence-based nursing to advocate for the quality and safety of patient care.
Students must achieve the following program requirements for all courses listed under Program Requirements and Program Required Courses for the Post-Baccalaureate Nursing major.
Major Credits: 45
Major Residency Credits: 16
Minimum GPA: 2.0
Minimum Grade: C
Program Required Courses
To graduate from the College of St. Scholastica, baccalaureate students must meet the following minimum degree requirements.
Total Credits: 128
Upper Division Credits: 42
Minimum GPA: 2.0